NickyApplications are open for people with disabilities to apply to Nicky’s Drive for funding of car adaptations. We are passionate about supporting the mobility and independence of people with disabilities, so if you have a DREAM TO DRIVE, be in touch! As a small organisation, we do not have the resources to fund a vehicle – Nicky’s Drive funds car adaptations to your vehicle (we can fund up to a maximum of R15 000 per project).
Criteria for applications:
- Applicants with a physical disability who are South African citizens may apply for funding.
- Preference is given to applicants who require accessible transport for work and/or studies.
- Applicants must have funding for their own vehicle and maintenance/running costs of that vehicle.
- Applicants must have funding for their own vehicle and maintenance/running costs of that vehicle (we can give you some advice on fundraising methods if you don’t have your own vehicle).
- Applications need to include a driving assessment by an Occupational Therapist to assess your abilities/needs for driving, along with quotation(s) from car adaptation specialists.
- Preference is given to applicants from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Applicants need to be willing to be photographed or filmed for marketing purposes.